Fourth Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensor,
Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks SECON 2007
Merged with IEEE International Workshop on Wireless Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks (IWWAN)
June 18-21, 2007, San Diego, California, USA
|Home||Executive Committee||Program Committee||Corporate Patronage|
|Call for Papers||Posters/Demos||Technical Program||Panels|
|Keynote Speech||Workshops||Submission Instructions||Author's Kit|
|Travel Grants||Registration||Hotel and travel information||Visa Information|
SECON 2007 STUDENT TRAVEL GRANT INFORMATION
Travel grants must be submitted through EDAS. [Follow the tab "Travel grants" in your EDAS homepage (after logging in).]
When applying for the IEEE SECON 2007 travel grant, a graduate student needs to submit his/her vita, a personal statement, and a supporting letter from the student's advisor. The personal statement should include:
1. A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date;
2. A description of areas reflected in the IEEE SECON 2007 program that would impact the student's research; and
3. Why the conference attendance is important to the student.
In addition, the student's advisor should send a letter of recommendation to the committee, that includes:
1. Confirmation that the student is a bona fide Ph.D. or M.S. candidate in good standing;
2. The suitability of the SECON 2007 program material to the student's research area;
3. Ways this particular student would benefit from attendance at the conference; and
4. The strengths and potential of the student.
1. Application Deadline: April 6, 2007 (Hard)
[Including submission of recommendation by advisor.]
2. Notification of Travel Grants: April 18, 2007.
If you have any questions, please email Dr. Srinivasan Ramasubramanian: